Personal Organizer allows user to sync Checkmark data across multiple
devices: smart phone, tablet, desktop PC or laptop. You need to have a Dropbox account for the sync. We will provide more sync options in the future.
Sync with Smart Phone/Tablet(Android OS)
| You can enable Dropbox sync in two ways:|
1. In Settings Window(Checkmark To Do List Manager)
- From Options menu, select Settings.
- Under Dropbox Sync section, Tap on Dropbox Sync field. It will direct user to Dropbox web site for account setup.
2. From Options menu Sync
A confirmation dialog will pop up. Click OK if you have Dropbox account ready. The Dropbox sync API will direct you to Dropbox web site to verify account information.
* If nothing happens after you selected OK, you might have Checkmark Free installed. Please uninstall Checkmark Free from your device and try again
|In Dropbox login screen, enter you Dropbox email address and password.|
Click on Sign in button for Dropbox to verify the account.
account is successfully verified. Dropbox API will popup a web
page for user to confirm the link with Checkmark app.|
Select Allow to link the Dropbox account with Checkmark App. If successful, you will notice a confirmation toast message in Checkmark app.
* Dropbox provide a Dropbox desktop client to sync files among your desktop and Dropbox account. Please follow the link to install the Dropbox desktop client:
|Once Dropbox account is linked successfully, you can manually sync Checkmark data from/to Dropbox account from options menu Sync|If you have trouble syncing Checkmark data, try the following steps:
- Make sure you DO NOT have Checkmark Free version installed on any of the devices.
- Remove the app folder from Dropbox account.
- Restart your phone.
|Once a Dropbox account is linked and you can manually sync Checkmark data from/to Dropbox account successfully, you can turn on Auto Sync feature in Settings window for Checkmark To Do List Manager. |
Auto Sync will sync data from Dropbox account with newer version to your device and sync database to Dropbox folder if you updated database on the device.
Sync with Desktop PC or Laptop
|Dropbox provide a Dropbox desktop client to sync files among your desktop and Dropbox account. Please follow the link to install the Dropbox desktop client:|
| || Once the Dropbox desktop client is successfully installed and setup, You will notice a status icon on the bottom of your windows: |
Click on the icon will bring up your Dropbox account directory. If you have already synced Checkmark database from your phone/tablet, you will see the file Checkmark.db in the directory Dropbox\Apps\Checkmark To Do List Manager\
From Checkmark Personal Assistant desktop client, choose Open from tool bar or menu, select the file from file open dialog.After you have done editing and saving the data, the data will be automatically synced to your Dropbox account. You can then sync the change to your phone or tablet as needed.
Using Direct Connect
| ||Since Checkmark database
file is in system data file directory, you cannot find the file in your
phone's directory once it is connected with desktop using USB port or
Here are the steps to take to sync Checkmark database:
- From Android Checkmark app, run Backup from Settings option menu. A database file with current date stamp will be saved to SD card.
- Connect your phone to desktop through USB port or
- From your computer, find the phone directory that connected to your phone.
- Find the directory named Checkmark. You should see the backup database file under the directory.
- Modify the file using Checkmark Personal Assistant and save.
- From Android Checkmark app, run Restore from Settings option menu. Select the database file from restore to get the updated data on your phone.